Friday, October 8, 2010

Giving Thanks (for the long weekend)

OK, actually every weekend is a long weekend when you're home on mat leave, right supermoms?! Ha! Actually this being a long weekend, we are out two of our six weekly activites - art and swimming lessons. Luckily we're hosting Thanksigiving on Sunday, so Gaby can help us with the cleaning and cooking! She sings a killer clean-up song and can stir a mean pot of mac n' cheese. (To any inlaws reading this, don't worry - we're not having mac n' cheese. And, to judgy Mom's out there, yes, she eats mac n' cheese.)

Over the next couple days my husband and I are going to be removing the cat hair mixed with playdough mixed with baby vomit from our tacky beige carpet and couch. Having said that, the first thing I'm giving thanks for is our white-trash Leon's couch - a lovely microfibre piece, too large for the space, in the rocking un-colour of beige (to go with the beige walls and beige carpet, no less). It was, however, treated with some sort of fabric protector that allows you to literally dump a bucket of water on it and wipe away the mess. Good as new. So, I give thanks for that in times like these.

We'll also be cleaning out the local LCBO. I don't think I need to explain why I'm thankful for that.

Other than that, I'm pretty thankful for just about everything in my life. Family, friends, health, home and two beautiful kids - what more do you need?

So, if you're hosting this weekend - good luck. If you're visiting - be kind to the host, and enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!



Gaby's first Thanksgiving (2008)

Colsen's first Thanksgiving (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment