Sunday, January 30, 2011

Word of the Month: LAZY! *yawn*

I could not believe it when earlier in December a Sesame Street episode actually chose 'lazy' as their word of the day. I was looking for a segue into a 'being lazy' post and now I have it!

I remember being at a friends place when I was younger (14/15 years old) and they had a couple of phone lines in the house. We were in the basement and she actually called upstairs (literally about nine steps away) and asked her Mom to bring down a snack. I thought that was just awesome! I would scold my child now for doing such a thing if she were that age, of course.

I am lazy, and my husband is lazy. We know this and we've come to terms with it. If given the choice, we will always choose staying home and chilling on the couch vs a night out on the town (not that we get many opportunties for that these days).

The pinnacle of laziness occured a couple months ago: I was making lasagna and I wanted him to have a quick look at it while it was cooking. (Just a weird thing we do... .) He was sitting on the couch holding Colsen, about five-feet away, and just didn't want to get up. I understood, of course, so I simply took a picture of the lasagna with the digital camera and walked it over to him. Nice, eh?

I broke a small bone in my foot in early December and it rendered me unable to drive. Any momentum I had died right then and there. Our six-days-a-week of activities stopped. The television became more of a factor in our house (I hate to admit). Add to that the ridiculously cold temperatures and my general distate for winter as a season, and the laziness and 'blahs' have just settled in. I've actually been able to drive for the past couple of weeks, but it's been slow-going getting back into the swing of things. I'm having a really hard time shaking off the lethargy. Sunshine doesn't even help, because I know that sunshine in the winter means cold, cold, cold.

Winter blahs, aside... I'm concerned about how my lazy disposition will influence my kids. Gaby already puts up a bit of a fuss when we're getting ready to go out. She just wants to stay home. One of these days, I'm afraid I'm just going to agree with her and that'll be the end of it.

I've got grand plans for their extra curricular activies in the next handful of years... soccer, swimming, piano lessons, dance, etc. Honestly, I'm exhausted just thinking about it and I just have to drive the car!

*yaaaawwwwn*


Here's the lasagna. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment